Included in the Family Program
Addiction to drugs and alcohol is often referred to as the ‘family disease’. It is not just the person afflicted that suffers but all those within their orbit. Independent research, and that of the Seasons Hader Group, indicates that clients have a much better chance of long term recovery if their family are involved in their treatment.
The Seasons Bali Family Program brings everyone together for an intensive week of cohesive treatment. This runs while the client is completing their time in the Primary Program. Our Clinical Team at Seasons Bali understand the frequently perplexing relationship between drugs and alcohol, the family and the user. The unique content of this week is designed to heal the damaged family dynamic and get everyone moving forward with new knowledge and skills.
Educating relatives about the recovery process is hugely beneficial to everyone concerned. Both clients and family members find this cathartic, emotionally challenging and hugely enlightening. Seasons Bali can also facilitate ongoing support and provide resources for families unable to attend.
- Private room with ensuite (or shared room with a partner)
- Personal support staff
- Personal housekeeping staff
- In-house meals prepared by Seasons Chef on weekdays
- Airport transfers and VIP arrival service
- All transport requirements in Bali
- Educational sessions – Monday to Friday
- Group sessions – Monday to Friday
- A Family Case Manager
- One individual counselling session
- One family counselling session
- Structured exercises around communication and setting boundaries
- Guided discussions that explore addiction, the family system and relationships
- Three yoga classes per week
- Art therapy
- Drama therapy
- Two beach exercise sessions per week
- Leisure activities and weekend excursions
- Additional Holistic Wellness Program
- An extensive menu of extra options is available all delivered by talented practitioners
The team at Seasons Bali understand that not all family members can commit to taking a week out to attend the program. Therefore we offer a range of other ways to support significant others.
If family members are visiting Bali for a shorter period of time we offer sessions with our senior therapist. This is a chance to learn about addiction and alcoholism and how to help support their recovering relative. Our staff will advise whether these sessions should be taken individually or as a family group depending on what will be most beneficial.
Alternatively for those families who live near a Seasons Hader Group rehab, we can facilitate a meeting with one of our family therapists there. We also offer Skype support to families whose loved ones are attending our programs and can provide a variety of printed and electronic educational resources as well as referrals to other resources around the world.